Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Commeth and Goeth


~Okay, I don't know who is in charge of the weather lately here in North Texas but I think our patience is being tested! In the last 3 weeks we've gone from 80 one day to golf ball size hail and then 40-50 mph winds! Before I moved to the area more than 3 years ago I didn't pay much attention to wind but man oh man...its a bear to deal with here in our area. First, the girls in my family have "lots" of hair so trying to style and spray my hair is getting quite expensive. I've bought good hairspray, heavy hairspray, etc. but to no avail. Anyway, I want Spring and I want it without the wind! Enough whining....we could be in 10 inches of snow right?

Yesterday my business partner and I did a Show in Denton, Texas. We met some lovely folks in Denton and enjoyed some great singing from the Guyer Choirs around the area. Of course, we never do anything the easy way. In preparation for the show, I spent several days working on a really nice brochure to distribute to our clients because we are in the midst of changing our name from "Beckys Beaded Creations" to "Classy Sassy Couture" and don't have our new business cards yet. I had made a special trip to the Office supply to buy special brochure paper and extra color cartridges, etc. The brochures came out great and I was hoping to use them as a marketing opportunity. As you may have guessed, I left them at home! So much for all my hard work. Oh well, we have another show coming up on May 2, 2009 at Central High in Keller, Texas that I'm sure we'll use them. Does anyone else ever do things like this? I usually blame it on having a "blond moment".
~Until later, Becky and Susan~







No comments:

Post a Comment